Ped is moonlighting on Tom. If elected, Tom will not serve. They both explore the consequences of convenience, of speeding, of firearms, of bedtime eggs, of sleeping possums, and placebos.
Discuss the podcast on Reddit.
Review the podcast on Apple Podcasts.
Moonlighting Pedcast [00:00]
Electoral Tomfoolery [09:29]
- chuckyc17 on the subreddit is up to some mischief
- Class Secretary
- Shermanesque statement
- Robert’s Rules of Order
The Wikipedia is amazing [15:28]
Reading and Libraries [21:22]
Consequences of Convenience [29:44]
- “The Tyranny of Convenience” by Tim Wu (NY Times)
- Waiting in Line to See Star Wars: 1977–2000
- Humanity’s future according to Wall-E
On a Lighter Note: Speeding [41:56]
Consequences of Firearms [49:38]
- The CDC Can’t Fund Gun Research (Wired)
- Dickey Amendment (1996)
- Embrace the Cognitive Dissonance - “Put that on a T-shirt”
On a Lighter Note: Bedtime Story Eggs [59:23]
Consequences of Wildlife [1:06:37]
Consequences of Placebos [1:14:36]
Music by Lee Rosevere (CC by 4.0)