Wheeling and dealing on a weekday evening, sportsball gets a foot in the door, simulating simulations, tidally locked exoplanets and other cool space stuff that will take forever to get to, lunar tourism and this podcast train is bound for Silly Town.
Discuss the podcast on Reddit.
Support the podcast on Patreon.
Coughing along, singing our song… [00:00]
- Entomology etymology: there’s two XKCDs for that
- A truly Hall Of Fame cereal, brought to you by the 80s
- Pretty much Tom’s crack-of-dawn routine
- Ira Glass and “the NPR voice” (not everyone likes it)
Following follow-up [09:19]
- Can you find Tom’s limerick in HI 77?
- A closed refutation, and an open discussion, of momentum in sport
- Living in a simulation? Don’t think too hard about it…
- The ultra-cool TRAPPIST–1
- Playing with the Drake equation
- Tom’s Star Destroyer mineral rights: 16 Psyche
- The Order of Cistercians of the Strict Observance are pretty chill
“One of these days, Elon…” [45:18]
Music by Lee Rosevere (CC by 4.0)